What are Product Lines? Product Lines are a group of related products, marketed under one brand, and sold by the same company. Companies sell multiple product lines under different brand names, and seek to differentiate between them to facilitate use for consumers. Often Companies expand their offerings by adding new product lines to existing ones, as consumers often buy products from brands they know, and this is what we will explain in detail on the website. Trianvo.
What are Products Line?
Companies create product lines as a marketing strategy to attract their existing customers to buy new products. The principle is that the consumers who are expected to react positively to a brand are those who know and like the brand. They are willing to purchase new products based on their previous positive experiences with the same brand.
How do you develop product lines?
We will mention in the following lines how to develop product lines:
- Companies add new items to their product lines, sometimes referred to as product line extension, to introduce brands to new customers.
- A consumer who is not interested in the company's sports products such as clothing etc. may be interested in purchasing its own range of sports drinks.
- Expanding product lines gives companies the opportunity to reach the largest possible segment of consumers.
- The way companies use production lines in the automobile industry is clear.
- Automakers produce different vehicle products to reach the largest possible segment of consumers.
- It produces lines of economical cars, eco-friendly cars and luxury cars.
- All under one brand, with the aim of marketing cars to families, others to individuals, a third type to young people, and so on.
- Product lines allow companies to reach regions, social and economic groups, and sometimes to all parts of the world.
- Sometimes, as in the cosmetics industry, some companies launch product lines under the name of their best-selling brand, with the aim of controlling sales to a particular age or ethnic group.
- Multinational companies such as restaurants often launch product lines specific to the countries in which they operate, such as fast food restaurants in Asia.
Reach new customers through product lines
Companies add new items to their product lines, sometimes referred to as product line extension, to introduce brands to new customers. Consumers who have no interest in the company's sports products such as clothing, etc. They may be interested in purchasing their own line of sports drinks. Expanding product lines gives companies the opportunity to reach the largest possible segment.
The way companies use their production lines is clearly visible in the automobile industry. Automakers produce different vehicle products to reach the largest possible segment of consumers. It produces lines of economy cars, eco-cars and luxury cars under one brand.
Diversify markets through product lines
Product lines allow companies to reach regions, social and economic groups, and sometimes to all parts of the world. Multinational companies, such as restaurants, often launch product lines specific to the countries in which they operate. As is the case with the “Arabic Mac” meal produced by the McDonald’s restaurant chain, you can find it in Arab countries, but you certainly will not find it in America or Europe.
Examples of popular product lines
Microsoft Microsoft is a brand that sells many popular product lines such as: Xbox and Office.
As for Nike, it has production lines for various sports, such as track racing, field sports, basketball, and football. The company's production lines also include shoes, clothing, and equipment.
Starbucks also has a variety of products, such as coffee, ice cream, and pies.
What is the difference between product lines and product mix?
Product mix is the total number of product lines that a company offers to its customers. Product mix can also be called product assortment. It could be for the organization Product lines Single or multiple. If there are multiple products offered, it may be a related or unrelated product mix.
In the end, we talked about what product lines are and mentioned how product lines help companies diversify and reach new customers. We also mentioned the difference between product lines and product mix. We hope that we have provided useful information for all of you.